Killzone Shadow Fall Weekend RoundupBy Victor Zuylen on Dec 6, 2013 5:09:54 PM
Now that Killzone Shadow Fall is out in North America and Europe, we’re going to post regular Friday-afternoon updates on the changes and additions we’ve made to the multiplayer mode throughout the week, so you’ll know what to look out for in the upcoming weekend.
Player of the Week
This week we are proud to announce DayLife as the new Player of the Week. A US Navy Petty Officer in his daily life, DayLife’s frequent Shadow Fall gameplay streams on Twitch have become quite popular with some of Guerrilla’s developers. Not just because of his playing style, but also because he’s actively answering a lot of questions to the followers on his stream. We salute you, DayLife!
Our designers have hand-picked several new user-created Warzones for you to try out this weekend (click on the Warzone names for details):
- Classic Warzone Pro by KIever_Logik
- Kill or be Killed by NiiteMare05
- Online Botzone by MidknightMaraudr
- Say hello to My Little Friend! New by onechance4u
- Side Arms & Explosives by Em_Effer
Also, Guerrilla managing director Hermen Hulst has created a brutal shotguns-and-pistols Warzone for the Penthouse map, aptly titled ‘Like A Boss’. Check out its details here, and give it a spin online – you may just run into the head honcho himself.
Many fixes that would have required a patch in previous games can now be corrected on the server side in Killzone Shadow Fall. This allows us to respond to feedback and bug reports from the community more quickly, and to roll out certain fixes without requiring players to download a new patch.
Here are some of the fixes we’ve applied this week:
- Various collision/out-of-level exploits in multiplayer mode are now blocked.
- Team balancing logic for matchmaking has been updated.
- The awarded XP for Supply Box Assists has been increased from 10 to 25.
- The awarded XP for Spawn Beacon Assists has been increased from 25 to 75.
- Bug where players could lose all their points on a Warzone has been fixed.
- The server now sends a message for moderated Warzones on round roll-over.
- Minor connection issues have been fixed.
That’s all for our first roundup. Have fun with the new Warzones, and let us know what you think of the server-side fixes. Remember to check back next Friday for another Weekend Roundup!
Regarding Killzone Shadow Fall And 1080pBy Poria Torkan, Producer
First MP Expansion Pack RevealedBy Samrat Sharma
New MP Maps, Open Trial Available This WeekBy Victor Zuylen
Weekend RoundupBy Bart Suichies
Free MP Access WeekBy Bart Suichies
Valentine's Weekend RoundupBy Victor Zuylen
Patch 1.09 is out!By Bart Suichies